Major Mom Method™
Major Mom uses a three-phased approach to organizing your stuff, your papers, your data and your time.
|PHASE ONE: PICTURE IT|
|A man or woman without a vision does not know where they are going. Before we start organizing, allow yourself to dream and visualize how the space/room would best serve your current and future needs. We will determine what currently works well and what does not work well and why. We will determine which systems need to be created.|
|PHASE TWO: PLAN IT|
|We will create a space plan and an action plan. A space plan helps distinguish zones within a room and gets the big items in place first. An action plan details what areas/rooms will be worked on and in what order, who will do what, when everyone will do it and what supplies are needed.|
|PHASE THREE: PROCEED WITH S.T.E.P.S.|
|It is time to take action! We will follow these steps in order.|
S - SORT Into Categories place like items together
T - TREASURE What Counts determine what stays and goes
E - ESTABLISH Homes and Systems decide where things live & the flow of items
P - PLAN Your Container Strategy select and utilize appropriate containers
S - START New Habits implement your new systems
Each client is treated as an individual with unique needs, values and goals. Our solutions are customized, achievable and sustainable.
TOP 10 ORGANIZING TIPS
- Start small—one drawer, one closet, one room.
- Designate a place for everything and put everything in its place.
- Store like things together.
- Place frequently used items in easily accessible locations.
- Design age appropriate spaces and systems for children.
- Label, label, label!
- In with the new…out with the old!
- Establish a family communication center in a central location of your home.
- Have an inbox for each family member for items such as mail and schoolwork.
- Involve all family members throughout the organizing process.
|REWARDS FOR DECLUTTERING & ORGANIZING|
1. Save time -- things can be quickly and easily located, less stuff means there is less to dust and clean!
2. Save money – no more buying things you already own or don't need.
3. Enjoy having customized, achievable and sustainable solutions.
4. Use your space again
5. Better health—cook more at home because you love your kitchen
6. Increased personal energy
7. Better relationships with your husband and children because you no longer need to argue about the chaos.
8. Alleviate the stress clutter causes.
9. Step out of the past and into the future
10. Make room for the new: opportunities, relationships, material possessions
11. Surrounded by things you love and enjoy.
Rules of Engagement
Be sure to read our full PDF document - Rules of Engagement